Introducing the new and improved OptygenHP formula, now available in its most potent form yet.
The all-new OptygenHP formula features our exclusive OptyMax Proprietary Matrix. Clinical studies showed a 23% improvement in endurance capacity and a significant increase in energy (ATP) production. Athletes who participated in these studies were able to replenish glycogen faster, which leads to improved recovery and improved performance on back-to-back workouts and during heavy training. In addition, subjects experienced less muscle inflammation after high-intensity exercise, resulting in less soreness and faster recovery.
First Endurance introduced the world to Optygen back in 2002. Since then, there have been a number of additional studies done that show Optygen reduces cortisol levels. By modulating cortisol, athletes experience better recovery, an increase in VO2, improved oxygen utilization and enhanced performance.
The new OptygenHP now delivers 50% more beta-alanine. A 2012 study evaluated the effects of beta-alanine supplementation on VO2max, time to exhaustion and lactate concentrations. Subjects supplemented with beta-alanine for six weeks. The group experienced a significant increase in VO2max, an improvement in time to exhaustion and lactate utilization. The study concluded that beta-alanine supplementation can reduce lactate concentrations during exercise and thus can improve exercise performance in endurance athletes.
OptygenHP is designed to be a multifaceted formula with a mechanism of action that is directly related to an improvement in key physiological facets of hard training. Each key mechanism of action has been tested on endurance trained human subjects and further supported by studies done on the complete formula. These mechanisms are: 1.Cortisol: Optygen/Rhodiola reduces the primary stress hormone cortisol. This also relates to improvements in the cortisol/testosterone ratio. With hard training, stress is increased and hence cortisol is increased. Chronically elevated levels of cortisol lead to overtraining syndrome, suppressed testosterone, poor recovery, poor sleep, catabolism of muscle and poor performance. Optygen and Rhodiola have clearly proven significant modulation of cortisol and improvement in cortisol/testosterone ratio in hard training athletes.
2. Glucose Tolerance Factor: Chromium has been shown in various studies to modulate Glucose Tolerance Factor leading to a modulation in blood glucose. Athletes can experience a more steady supply of energy with no wild sugar swings.
3. Adenosine Tri Phosphate (ATP) production: Studies on OptyMax (ES, PN, RR) and Rhodiola extract have all shown an improvement in Adenosine TriPhosphate production. ATP is the primary energy source of the human body. Reduction in ATP leads to fatigue. This ATP production is further supported 13 through the Optygen proprietary ATPro base consisting of the precursors of ATP production, calcium pyruvate, sodium phosphate, potassium phosphate and ribose.
4. Recovery/Inflammation: Studies on OptyMax (PN, RR) fruit extract have clearly shown reduction in the key recovery markers measured by MDA analysis, IL-6 and CK. These improved markers mean less soreness, less muscle catabolism and improved recovery from hard training.
5. Glycogen Sparing: Studies on Eleutherococcus senticosus extract and Rhodiola Rosea extract have shown a significant reduction in glycogen use during exercise. Athletes can spare glycogen leading to improved endurance and improved substrate utilization.
6. Glycogen Re-synthesis: Studies on OptyMax (PN, RR) fruit extract have shown a significant improvement in the replenishing of glycogen following exhaustive exercise. Improved glycogen re-synthesis means faster recovery and improved performance on back-to-back-to-back hard training days. It’s also important to note that these benefits are experienced with lower insulin levels.
7.Lactate curve: Studies on Optygen, Rhodiola and Beta-Alanine have shown significant improvements in lactate threshold. Beta-Alanine’s primary mechanism of action is to increase the limiting rate of lactate synthesis so lactic acid build up does not slow performance. An improved lactate curve means athletes can hold a faster pace before reaching anaerobic threshold.
take 4 capsules as dietary supplements
Serving Size: 4 Capsules
Amount Per Serving %DV
Chromium (as Chelavite® amino acid Chelate) 200 mcg 167%
Rhodiola Extract (Rhodiola Rosea)(root) minimum 10% rosavins 300 mg *
OptiMax Proprietary Matrix (Eleutherococcus senticosus extract (root) minimum 0.8% eleuthrosides; Panax notoginseng extract, Rosa Roxburghii fruit extract)
850 mg *
Beta-Alanine 1500mg *
ATProTM Matrix (Calcium Pyruvate, Sodium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Ribose) 500mg *
*Daily Value Not Established
Other Ingredients: gelatin red capsules"