Antioxidants protect cells from free radicals, which contribute to ageing and disease. Cell-Active Glutathione Complex includes antioxidants along with N-acetyl L carnitine which is involved in cell energy production.
- N-acetyl L carnitine: An important amino acid that is a vital component of energy metabolism. Its most important function is to transport fatty acids into the mitochondria of muscle cells, including heart muscle for oxidation. The mitochondria are the power houses of the cell producing energy the cell needs to perform its metabolic activities
- Alpha lipoic acid: An antioxidant that works with other nutrients such as vitamins C, E and glutathione to defend cells against excessive free radicals. It is soluble in both water and lipid based tissue and is used by the body to metabolise food and for energy production.
- Glutathione: An important antioxidant that is naturally found in every cell in the body, providing protection from free radicals and peroxides. This antioxidant is essential in helping the body's cellular defences and immune system function at full capacity. It also has an important role in detoxification pathways and healthy function of the liver and intestinal tract
- Dating back to ancient Greece, the herb rosemary was known for supporting memory. The name comes from ‘ros marinos’ or the ‘spray of the sea’ from the pretty pale blue flowers which dance on the dark green waves of the rosemary bushes on the Greek hillsides
- Each capsule comprises 12.5mg of the herb rosemary which contains lipid-soluble antioxidant flavonoids. This product also contains 50mg of Ginkgo biloba of which the active component is Ginkgolide
Liposomal Glutathione for dental support
- Glutathione can effectively scavenge free radicals both directly and through enzymatic reaction. It can also maintain antioxidants such as vitamins C and E in their reduced (i.e. active) forms. Studies have demonstrated high concentrations of glutathione in gingival crevicular fluid (fluid in gum crevices), saliva, serum and gingival tissues of healthy individuals
- Periodontal disease (periodontitis) is a chronic condition that is estimated to affect 10-15% of the world population. It is a major cause of tooth loss and associated with increased (aberrant) inflammation in response to plaque biofilm, produced by bacteria, and decreased antioxidant activity in saliva, resulting in loss of periodontal and bone support
- Until now, oral supplementation with glutathione has been difficult. Supplements need to be in a ‘liposomal’ form to cross cell membranes and be used inside cells
Direction of use As a dietary supplement, 1-2 capsules daily with food as a food supplement or take as recommended by your practitioner. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake. This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet.