Only for dogs and puppies 6 weeks and older
- Reflects direct light up to 300 feet
- Kills fleas and ticks up to 7 months
Hartz UltraGuard Reflecting Flea & Tick Collar for Dogs and Puppies kills both fleas and ticks for 7 months. This collar has a clean, fresh scent and is water resistant. This collar reflects direct light up to 300 feet.
The adult fleas that you see on your pet only represent 5% of the total flea population. For every adult flea you see, there are about 20 more fleas in the immature stages (eggs, larvae, and pupae) living in your pet’s environment. It is important that flea products for both the pet and the pet’s environment include an adulticide that kills the adult flea, and an insect growth regulator that kills the immature stages. Additionally, all household pets should be treated at the same time to ensure optimal results. It will take several weeks for an active flea infestation to be effectively eliminated.
Remove collar from package, unroll and stretch to activate insecticide generator. As the collar begins to work, a fine white powder will appear on the surface.
Do not use on puppies under 6 weeks old. Do not unroll collar until ready to use. Place the collar around the dog’s beck, adjust for proper fit, and buckle in place. The collar must be worn loosely to allow for growth of the dog and to permit the collar to move around the neck. A proper fitted collar is one that, when fastened, snugly slide over the pet’s head. Leave 2 or 3 inches on the collar for extra adjustment and cut off and dispose of the extra length.
Ingredients: Active Ingredient: Tetrachlorvinphos (14.55%), (S)-Methoprene (1.02%). Other Ingredients (84.43%).
Do not let children play with this collar. See back panel for additional precautionary statements.
Read entire label before each use.
Use only on dogs.
Hazards to humans and domestic animals.
Caution: Harmful if swallowed or absorbed through skin. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, or clothing. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
First aid: Contains an organophosphate that inhibits cholinesterase.
If swallowed: Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. If on skin or clothing: take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a Poison Control Center or doctor for treatment advice.
If in eyes: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a Poison Control Center or doctor for treatment advice.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. You may also contact 1-800-275-1414 for emergency medical treatment information. Note to physicians and veterinarians: this product contains Tetrachlorvinphos (an organophosphate), which is a cholinesterase inhibitor. Cholinergic symptoms may include salivation, miosis, incoordination, muscle fasciculation and/or weakness, vomiting and diarrhea. Atropine is antidotal. 2-pam may be effective as an adjunct to atropine. Call 1-800-275-1414 or your local Poison Control Center for further information.