All natural high potency formula for tissue protection
- High doses of beta-carotene alone have been shown to reduce blood levels of other carotenoids such as lycopene and lutein.
- Much of the research that has found beta-carotene to be a protective phytochemical has actually studied the intake of whole fruits and vegetables, which are sources of a variety of carotenoids including natural beta-carotene.
- The xanthophylls, lutein and zeaxanthin, may play a special role in the health of the eyes, as one study found that their long-term intake appeared to support the function of the macula.
- The carotenoids, beta-carotene and lycopene, have a number of antioxidant functions, such as protecting against the singlet oxygen, one of the most destructive types of free radical.
- Mixed Carotenoids is a broad-spectrum carotenoid supplement, containing natural-source beta-carotene along with the trace carotenoids alpha-carotene, lutein, lycopene, zeaxanthin and cryptoxanthin.