MediHerb an Australian company, is a leader in herbal products for health care professionals in the United States. MediHerb’s success is fueled by an unwavering commitment to delivering premium-quality, efficacious herbal solutions for optimal patient outcomes.
MediHerb Quality Herbal Products
MediHerb products are developed by experts and leaders in the field of herbal therapy, drawing on the latest scientific evidence, as well as centuries of traditional knowledge. The positive health results achieved are the strongest possible evidence of their potency and superiority. The aim is to get your patients back to optimum health and enhance their well-being for the long term. MediHerb’s wide range of products can powerfully enhance health and vitality. Whether you’re managing short-term issues or need long-term support, these natural therapies can deliver dramatic positive effects.
MediHerb herbal solutions reflect the company’s philosophy and commitment to quality, purity and high manufacturing standards.
St John's Wort 1.8g contains the naphthodianthrones hypericin and pseudohypericin (hypericins), flavonoids, phenolics and other compounds. This product is standardized to contain 900 mcg of hypericins and 18 mg of flavonoid glycosides per tablet to ensure optimal strength and quality. The compounds in St John's Wort 1.8g work together to:
- help maintain healthy emotional balance
- support the body to cope with occasional stress of everyday life
- ease the effects of occasional stress
- help support healthy mood balance
- help relieve occasional sleeplessness/restlessness
- help relieve mild temporary nervous tension and stress*
• Combine with Echinacea Premium tablets or liquid for enhanced immune system support.
• Combines well with Nevaton Forte tablets for further healthy nervous system response.
• Consider Withania Complex tablets or Rhodiola & Ginseng tablets or Rhodiola & Schisandra to help maintain feelings of general well-being when experiencing temporary stress.
• Combine with Kava Forte tablets to calm the nerves.
• Consider FemCo tablets to additionally ease everyday tension in women.
• Consider Valerian Complex tablets to promote relaxation and encourage sleep.
• Consider Nervagesic to provide relief from occasional sleeplessness.*
St John’s Wort Quality Issues
St John’s Wort is comprised of a wide range of phytochemicals of which the naphthodianthrones (consisting mainly of hypericin and pseudohypericin) are characteristic, while several other constituents are found across a very wide variety of plant species; e.g., chlorogenic acid, flavonoids and biapigenins. Studies have shown that hypericin administered with flavonoid glycosides caused an increase in the bioavailability of hypericin. St John’s Wort extracts containing the flavonoid glycosides but devoid of hypericin and hyperforin have been shown to be pharmacologically active in model systems. Additionally, extracts devoid of hyperforin have been proven effective in clinical trials as have extracts containing hyperforin. In the graph, all extracts contained the same level of napthodianthrones (hypericins), however a wide range of variation was shown for the other constituents when analyzed by HPLC, some extracts having very low levels of all the phytochemicals you would expect in a good quality extract of Hypericum perforatum. MediHerb recognizes the importance of all the other constituents, particularly the oligomeric procyanidins and flavonoids and tests all it’s products using the techniques which allow the identification of these components.
Suggested Use: 1 tablet 2 - 3 times daily, or as directed.
|Serving Size: 1 Tablet Servings per Container: 40|
|Amount per Serving %DV|
|St John's Wort herb flowering top 6:1 extract from Hypericum perforatum herb flowering top 1.8 g|
Containing hypericins 900 mcg
Containing flavonoid glycosides 18 mg
†Daily Value (DV) not established.
Other Ingredients: Calcium phosphate, cellulose, sodium starch glycollate, maltodextrin, hypromellose, silica and magnesium stearate.
For other contraindications and cautions specific to this product, please refer to the Contraindications and Cautions for MediHerb Botanicals.
Please consult the product packaging label for the most accurate product information.