No Oodles Shirataki Noodles, Angel Hair Pasta. As we all know, pasta and noodles are made of starch, so they have calories. But there is an exception - NoOodle is made from high-fiber yam flour and water. As you are most probably aware, soluble fiber and water have no calories, thus NoOodle is entirely devoid of calories. NoOodle is the healthy alternative.
No Oodles - Shirataki Noodles, Angel Hair Pasta Contains:
- No Calories
- No Fat
- No Net Carbs
- No Soy
- No Gluten
- All Natural
- No Guilt
Top 10 Benefits
- Zero calories -the glucomannan in NoOodle contributes no calories and when consumed as part of a meal reduces the net caloric content of the meal. The calories come from what else one puts on the noodles.
- Lowers calorie uptake -the glucomannan in NoOodle increases the viscosity of the gastro-intestinal content and reduces rate of food (calories, fat, cholesterol, sugar) absorption in the small intestine. The net effect of consuming a meal with NoOodle is that one absorbs less calories from the other foods eaten with it.
- Promotes satiety - the glucomannan in NoOodle is made up largely of water which fills one up quickly giving the feeling of satisfaction. One tends to eat less when NoOodle is part of the meal.
- Delays hunger -the glucomannan in NoOodle increases the viscosity of gastro-intestinal content and extends the feeling of fullness so one doesn't feel hungry for an extended period of time.
- Modulates glucose spikes -the glucomannan in NoOodle reduces the rate of glucose absorption in the small intestine and prevents blood glucose from spiking (clinically proven to be more effective than xanthan gum and psyllium). Stirring in NoOodles into ice cream and parfaits helps one enjoy treats with less absorption of sugar.
- Modulates insulin surges -the glucomannan in NoOodle, by slowing glucose uptake in the small intestine, reduces the body's need for insulin.
- Cholesterol reducing agent -the glucomannan in NoOodle, by virtue of its viscosity, traps the cholesterol from foods and also the cholesterol released by the body and prevents it from being re-absorbed. A meal containing NoOodle in addition to flushing out cholesterol from the GI tract will also contribute to reducing cholesterol in the blood cholesterol. Cholesterol reduction is further enhanced when glucomannan is combined with other cholesterol reducing agents such as plant sterols and chitosan.
- Regularity / laxative effect -glucomannan is a dietary fiber and prevents constipation by increasing bulk in the colon without the discomfort associated with most other dietary fibers.
- Anti-inflammatory activity -although the mechanism is still being investigated, the positive effect of glucomannan on skin inflammation is well known among its users. For centuries NoOodle like products have been part of Eastern traditional medicine.
- Prebiotic activity - serves as food for bacteria in the colon and helps enhance immunity. Foods that promote the growth of healthy bacteria have innumerable health benefits for people of all ages and genders.
The Story of the NoOodle
For centuries, noodles derived from yam plants have been embraced by Asian cultures as a high fiber, low calorie dietary staple. Inspired by an on-going commitment to serving healthy cuisine, and in response to a growing customer demand for healthy menu items, restaurant owner and self-taught Chef Terri Rogers, began serving NoOodle at Lincolnshire Gourmet, her neighborhood gourmet bistro located in Highland Park, Illinois.
What began as an alternative menu offering at a neighborhood everyday gourmet eatery, quickly escalated into a must-have mainstay. As word of the naturally delicious NoOodle-based culinary creations spread, restaurant sales skyrocketed. Encouraged by her loyal patrons, proprietor and self-taught chef, Terri Rogers, founded the NoOodle Company to manufacture and distribute a variety of packaged NoOodle products to restaurants and retailers throughout the United States. Today, NoOodle is available at select food service establishments and retail outlets, and can be purchased online at our store.
Delicious and good for cooking in breakfast or dinner with family time .
No Oodles are precooked. Drain and rinse. Product should not be frozen. Add to your favorite food.