the best-absorbed form of calcium on the market*
- significantly better absorbed than calcium carbonate
- a key nutrient for bone health
- calcium citrate-malate enhances bone health even when supplemented alone
- The Best-Absorbed Form of Calcium on the Market
- Significantly Better Absorbed than Calcium Carbonate
- A Key Nutrient for Bone Health
- Calcium Citrate-Malate Enhances Bone Health Even When Supplemented Alone
Calcium bound to citric acid and malic acid (citrate-malate) demonstrates six times the solubility of either citrate or malate alone. Several studies have shown increased absorption by the body of calcium from citrate-malate compared to carbonate (37-55 percent greater absorption in one study). It is the only form of calcium found to actually enhance bone health when supplemented without vitamin D, vitamin K, or other bone-building nutrients.
Several studies have indicated even relatively low amounts of this well-absorbed calcium chelate to be effective in supporting bone health. One study of 11- and 12-year-old females given 500 mg calcium (as citrate-malate) or placebo for 18 months found the calcium group had significantly greater gains in lumbar spine bone mineral density and total body bone mineral density, and had gained an average of 24 grams of bone per year – the equivalent of an additional 1.3 percent of the skeleton each year. Other studies have found similar results, particularly in prepubescent girls, indicating it is important to start "banking" bone early.
According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, adequate calcium throughout life, as part of a well-balanced diet and physical activity, may reduce the risk of osteoporosis later in life.
Suggested Use Take 1 capsule three times daily or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.